Saturday, August 15, 2015

"I Want to Give You Great" [Breakup Part 2]

Thanks for joining me! 

Have you ever been through a breakup? 
Me too. 
It's a pretty terrible experience. 
Let me share some encouragement with you! Because after all, these crazy emotions/experiences can't be for nothing. 

Setting the Scene:
I'd been praying and asking God during the whole relationship whether we were a good fit or not (see previous post for more details). Truly, I feel like we were suppose to be together until the last couple of weeks. Something shifted and through a series of events we started to reanalyze.

The Conversation:
It was any other day.. Sam and I were meeting that night to talk about our future. I remember sitting in front of the mirror doing my usual prayer as I'm applying my makeup. 

In my heart I heard the voice of God.
God said: "This is good"
Abby (really excited): "This IS good!"
God: "I want to give you great"

Without missing a beat, this picture popped into my head. This was the confirmation to end things with Sam.

Add caption
Ladies, God wants us to have GREAT and not settle for 'good enough'. Keep this in mind as you enter a new relationship or are trying to decide if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone. Don't get me wrong, no one is perfect and we do need to expect to work hard for any relationship but I'm challenging you (and myself) to ask and expect God for great!

“I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.”
Psalm 130:5

Dear Heavenly Father, Abba, we trust that you have GREAT in our future! I pray that You would fill the hole in our hearts that so longs for a relationship. We want more of you everyday. Thank you for loving us enough to say, "no" and challenging us to wait for "great". 
We love you and honor you! 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment