Monday, October 5, 2015

The First Act

Good morning friends!

I wanted to share with you what I heard from God this morning.

I'm reading from Acts chapter 1 and it's all about waiting. This book is the basis of a lot of our theology and belief as Spirit-filled Christians. And the first few verses are about waiting. Hmm, interesting. Like, people had to wait on God back in 0AD?

Picture this: The Resurrected Jesus is with the disciples and he tells them to wait on the Helper (Holy Spirit) and then to preach the Good News in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth.

That is a pretty BIG task! And I'm sure the disciples were excited & anxious to get started!!

But
They
Had
To
Wait
On
God.

IF the disciples decided to move ahead of the Lord, because they were sick of where they were, they could have started to travel and spread the good Word. I'm sure some people would believe and give their lives to Christ but I think in the end, the disciples would be unhappy, discouraged, mad at God and mad at themselves. They would not have made the same impact. And changed the world. Have you experienced that? Gone ahead with something you knew wasn't Gods idea and ended up upset at yourself and God? I have.

Instead, the disciples met together and prayed until the Holy Spirit fell on them in such a powerful way that tens of thousands of people started to believe in Jesus Christ, through them directly. And now batrillions (I think I made that number up) have been welcomed into the Kingdom of God!

They waited and prayed.

I have to ask myself, am I rushing God? Am I rushing into new opportunities at work, taking on extra responsibility before I'm ready? Am I rushing into a relationship?

OR am I waiting for Gods touch and perfect timing?

JOIN ME in waiting on Gods touch & perfect timing! It helps to have a community so I'd encourage you to join a bible study, start volunteering at church and encourage others to seek and wait on God with you.

Jesus & I love you all ❤️

1 comment:

  1. There are countless other replica watches sale makers whose quality and aesthetic value surpass that of Rolex by leaps and bounds. Regardless, wearing one of those other replica watches sale around someone who does not know about fine replica watches sale will not have the same effect as a Rolex has on another's perception of the Rolex wearer. Only a Rolex has the power to impress like fancy sounding degrees and titles. Even I, who feels at least slightly immune to the power of Rolex is slowing considering the effects of owning one. I wonder what people would think, which replica watches sale they would react most favorably to. Notice, none of this contemplation has anything to do with what I want personally in swiss replica watches. A Rolex is a pretty standard watch by most measures. They don't do anything particularly special, and yet people want them, and countless other replica watches want to be them.

    ReplyDelete