Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bow Tie Back Dress

Happy New Year!!
I am soo excited about this upcoming year!
This dress was a Christmas gift from my wonderful sister

Merry Christmas meeeeeeee!!


I started by turning the dress inside out, cutting out the shoulder pads, straps and about 2 inches off each side & the sleeves.

Next, I followed the seems in the back and cut a rectangle out.

& cut a wide neck.

Chop chop!!

I took the bottom of the skirt and cut it into 3 pieces.. (I did end up only using two of the pieces)

Measured, cut and pinned them inside out.

Than sewed along the long side leaving both short ends open 

Now, there are 3 loops

Next came the binding and the meticulous pinning!

I measured 1/2" from the bottom and pinned one of the loops
Twisted it and pinned the other side 1/2" from the bottom.
The second piece was pinned 1" from the top of the first one
Twisted and pinned on the other side 1" from the top of the lower one.


taadaa!


before & after

Blessings!
<3








3 comments:

  1. WHAT!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! You are unbelievable! I'm obsessed with the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so hoping I can recreate this look! Awesome stuff! Love your style and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute! I love the fabric and bows!

    ReplyDelete